Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Cp1025nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, I have upgraded to Windows 10 but my system says the printer doesnt have a driver.  I have been on the HP site and according to the list on there my model printer is ok.  When I try to download a driver the only options I get is the Assistant and some firmware.  no driver option appears.

I have tried adding printer via the install wizard, it detects the printer and goes through the process but I get the message "the selected printer is not currently supported by this wizard".

after some fiddling I did manage to print something via the e-print a couple of days ago  but cannot print directly.   the printer is working ok.

I realise I am probably one of many who are having various issues, but not being a computer guru, I find I just get so frustrated when I spend all night trying to sort an issue but are no further ahead by the end of the night.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Many thanks

Heather

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Drakster

I followed your instructions as listed below and am pleased to say that I was finally able to download a full driver and have the printer up & running again.  When I ran the Print & Scan Doctor I didnt get any error message.

Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated after my week of bumbling along.

I clicked on the 'Accept as Solution' but but think I should have clicked the 'Thumbs Up' Icon first as I can not see it any more to click so this is definitely a 'Thumbs Up' thanks.

Cheers

Heather

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @HeatherNZ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing driver issues since upgrading to Windows 10 with your HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer. I would be happy to assist you with this today.

Please try these steps:

• Clear the contents of the temp folder.
  • To download the HP Software Driver for your printer, click this download from HP's download page. 

Alternatively, please download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will likely diagnose and resolve the issue you are experiencing. What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages).

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi Drakster

I followed your instructions as listed below and am pleased to say that I was finally able to download a full driver and have the printer up & running again.  When I ran the Print & Scan Doctor I didnt get any error message.

Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated after my week of bumbling along.

I clicked on the 'Accept as Solution' but but think I should have clicked the 'Thumbs Up' Icon first as I can not see it any more to click so this is definitely a 'Thumbs Up' thanks.

Cheers

Heather

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this answer. My new Windows 10 laptop just wouldn't play ball when I tried to use the installation cd I got with the printer. I followed your instructions which solved the problem and have just printed a test page. So glad I found this thread.

HP Recommended

This isn't just a problem with Windows 10.  The problem existed for Windows 7 too.  It is like there is an expiration date on the HP drivers.  If one tries to just re-run the installation package that was downloaded the last time, the installer runs and quickly and tells you everything was updated.  It thinks the drivers and software are still there, but Windows still won't print to your printer.  Only if you download the entirely new, humongous software package and connect your computer to the printer with a USB cable of configuration (for each and every computer that has stopped working!) will you get everything running again.

HP ought to be the subject of a class-action lawsuit for this kind of negligence in their software design.  Every few months I have to waste yet more of my time re-downloading and re-installing the software on one or more of my computers.  Why should I have to ever connect a USB cable?  The printer is visible on the network, windows can find it just fine.  Only HP's software is clueless or just not communicating with Windows.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem.  Tried using the FTP link you provided but it is not working.  Do you happen to have an updated link or a way I can download the printer drivers?

thanks. 

HP Recommended

I'm trying to find drivers for my CP1025nw printer.  I want to use the USB interface and refuse to use the ePrint file which is the only software available for this printer now on HP.  I don't have a network I can use with this printer any longer.  USB is the only option I have.

What are my option besides trashing the printer and moving on?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have resolved the problem.  When you connect the printer to your computer, go to devices, you will find a hard drive (not a printer)  named in the printer name.  Go to this icon and browse the files, youw ill find a setup file with the udpated drivers for Windows 10.  Click on it and it will setup your printer.

So, basically HP put the updated drivers on the memory of the printer itself but they did not post this information anywhere.  I found it by mistake and it is working now.

Good luck.

B. Regards,

Hani 

HP Recommended

I don't see any hard drive listed under devices. 

I have older drivers that worked previously but Windows refuses to allow them to run now.  I've been a fan of HP laser printers since the mid-80s but this one is the pits.  Why HP wants to push ePrinting is beyond me.  I'm on a public network with no way of adding this printer to that network.  I just need a simple local USB driver to allow me to use the printer again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.