Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

The provided link from the EWS to link the printer starts with https://h30495.www3.hp.com/ then followed by a set of variables necessary for the registration. Unfortunately, the link is a depreciated HP Connected (with its certificate expired last 2022) - this causes the account linking to fail. What's the updated domain for HP Smart to link this printer? The ePrint service works but with a pre-generated username (someRandomString@hpeprint.com). I prefer to set a custom ePrint email address.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please Disable Web Services and enable it back on.

Upon web services are enabled, an information sheet will be printed within several minutes, with either a random hpeprint.com address or a listed Claim Code.

Login to HPsmart.com and add a printer, then type the listed claim code if any such is listed, or the part of the email listed prior to @hpeprint.com (This is a valid claim code for 24 hours from enabling web services), then you will be offered with an option to change the HP ePrint address for your printer through the hpsmart.com site.

If you fail during the process, please clarify with much details as possible.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Could you please clarify your HP printer model?

Also, please confirm your printer is not listed within below support document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3579171-3502855-16

Shlomi

HP Recommended

It's a DeskJet 5820 AIO. I checked the EOL list your provided and it appears that my printer model is still supported. The printer is able to activate HP ePrint through EWS without issues. The account linking part is the only issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @WerewolfFrancis.

Please print a Printer Status Report as listed below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04901196

What is the Firmware version listed on section 7 of the printed report?

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Firmware Version: KWP2FN2029AR

Firmware Patch Version: 0

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @WerewolfFrancis.

Please follow the 'How do I change my ePrint email address?' section below to change the HP ePrint address directly from the HP Smart site, not from the EWS page of the printer:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/ish_2060244-1929404-16

If that fails, please remove web services from its EWS Page, enable back the feature and then re-add the printer to hpsmart.com and customize its ePrint address.

Please let me know how it goes,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

The printer is not present on hpsmart.com since it requires me to link the printer for it to be visible. The linking procedure says that I need to disable-enable Web Services through EWS. As stated on the hpsmart.com website, a factory reset is required to register the printer. I’ve reset the printer multiple times and it already printed the ePrint Congratulations page multiple times but the account linking part keeps on failing. The autodirect website given by the EWS keeps on saying “the connection has been reset”

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please Disable Web Services and enable it back on.

Upon web services are enabled, an information sheet will be printed within several minutes, with either a random hpeprint.com address or a listed Claim Code.

Login to HPsmart.com and add a printer, then type the listed claim code if any such is listed, or the part of the email listed prior to @hpeprint.com (This is a valid claim code for 24 hours from enabling web services), then you will be offered with an option to change the HP ePrint address for your printer through the hpsmart.com site.

If you fail during the process, please clarify with much details as possible.

HP Recommended

Many Thanks, ShlomiL

It did print the congratulatory page after re-enabling ePrint with the randomly generated ePrint email address on it. I used the string before @hpeprint.com as the claim code on https://www.hpsmart.com/newprinter and it was successful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.