Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

Thank you again for the reply, sorry to hear that didn't work though!

I would suggest running the HP Print and Scan Doctor once more, and if it still doesn't find any issues, I would like to try connecting the printer via USB to determine if the network is what's causing issues. To connect it USB, run the software again and do not connect the USB cable until the software asks you to.

Let me know how this goes!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i'm not the brightest lightbulb in the pack.  how do i run the software program.   everything on the print doctor said ok.

HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

You can either download the software from HP's site, or use your software CD if it has the software on it for your operating system. To download the software click here.

Keep me in the loop 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i did what you said and still nothing.  

HP Recommended

just tried printing.  it printed twice then stopped. wouldn't print 3rd time

HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

I'm so sorry to hear that it still isn't working. I think at this point, it would be best for you to follow this Uninstalling the Printer Software document to get the software removed, and then please use the HP Printer Install Wizard to get the software reinstalled.

Let me know how this goes for you!!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

right now.............its working.  i printed quite a bit.  i will give you a thumbs up but i'll wait til tomorrow.  i turned my printer off and on and it worked.  i just want to make sure by waiting til tomorrow.  i will email you in the morning.  right now i am  very happy but............we'll see.

HP Recommended

just a quick thank you so much.  i printed this morning with no problem.  thank you for being such a sweet and patient person.  you are the best.

HP Recommended

Hi Marcialee,

That is great news!! I'm so glad together we were able to work it out and that it's staying resolved 🙂 And thank you for the kind words! It was great to work with you and get this resolved.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week, and don't hesitate to return if we can ever help with anything else!!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.