Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Did you ever get that problem fixed ?
HP Recommended
There's no key board ;( you have to hit the print and red eye key together to do it 😉
HP Recommended

I got a solution in my C5180 for the Ink System Failure - Error 0xc18a0206 just restarting the printer. To do so, unplug the printer and plug it again while pressing both OK and HELP buttons at the same time. Keep them pussed until the printer turns it off automaticly.

Then turn it on, adjust the language settings and let it do its job fot 10 minutes aprox.

It worked to me. Best luck.

HP Recommended

I have Photosmart 3210 with this Error. Tried reset, but no change. Cannot get past first step finding * and # buttons.

HP Recommended

Hello @dabrock , and welcome to the HP Forums.

I would recommend removing the ink cartridges, and performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest plugging the printer power into a different wall outlet.

I would then recommend this document on a 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error...

Please keep me posted!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Wahooo I just say thank you soo much. This help me soo much. :smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

i have got new cartridges installed and im getting the error message i have shut off and back on again with same error any help please i have tried above post several times no luck

HP Recommended

Hello weezie44 , and welcome to the Forums.

If you've tried all the steps laid out in this thread, the best recommendation I could make would be to give us a call.

You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended
In D7460 PhotoSmart, where can I find * and # or 1, 2, 3 ...

as indicated
Solution 1:
    • Press * and # at the same time
    • Press 1, 2, 3 and “support R0632M” should display
    • Press > and “information menu” should display
    • Press > and “configuration menu” should display
    • Press OK and “hardware failure status” should display
    • Press OK “failure status: clear”. Press OK to clear
    • Press CANCEL
    • Press CANCEL
    • Press CANCEL
    • Turn printer off, unplug power cord for 2 minutes, plug cord back in then turn printer back on.
HP Recommended
I will join in your award of the Nobel prize. My experience was the same. Printer is working perfectly now. Thank you so much
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.