Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP. officejet pro-8500 printer has a massege 'paper jamm',there is no paper jam. turned off & on the massege still there, with clicking noise...........please help

HP Recommended

I spent the night wondering where was my missing piece.  I push left on the black cyclinder and rotated the black gear at the end of the cylinder backward.  The arm finally came forward and slipped into place.  I still cannot get the printer to work.  Mine no longer reads the jam message and is no longer clicking.  It now clunks and reads a carraige message jam, "open carriage door and clear jam".  Hope this helps you.

HP Recommended
You need to spray wd40 inside of the back plastic housing and take a pencil like object and move the spring loaded rod back and forth to lubricate. Take your finger and move the white plastic gears to free up the arm. HP could fix this with a simple technical bulletin. They certainly can't read as this fix definitely solves the problem. Their foreign call centers are a waste of time. I should be on their payroll
HP Recommended

I did the WD-40 repair. It worked for about 1 month. Paper Jam back. Today I packed it up and brought it to the recycle center. No more paper jam!

Will never pay more than $99.00 for an all in one printer again.

HP Recommended

I have read through all of these posts

Where or how did you get the parts? 

What are your other suggestions?

Thank you.

HP Recommended
I live in the woods with no neighbors. It is far more satisfying to take it out back and use it for target practice.
HP Recommended

this is a piece of Junk

I bought a HP K5400 a few years back for $100. I used Continous inks and was able to print 30,000 pages before throw it away (in working condition)

I bought a HP L7780 with 2 yrs ext wuarantee. Unfortunately it was sitting in the closet for 3 years and ext gurantee expired. The ADF broke after 1 week. I was able to use the printer for about 6 months until the error message said there is problem with Print head even thought the print head is new. I trashed the L7780 and open the 8500 which I bought back in May 2010 for $100.

The printer will print but will miss every other 1 inch (created a horizonal stripes). It tooks 2 hours with tech support and they are sending me a replacement. Next morning, the printer works perfectly. I guess it took a day for the print head to fill the ink.

Today I have problem with the Paper Jam error. I've tried many tips from this forum and nothing worked.

I noticed that the print head will move to the left but not all the way. Out of frustration, I pulled the print head extremely hard to the far left and did a head alignment.....Some miracle reason - it works.

I am waiting for the replacement. I figure if I can print 2000-3000 pages then I can throw it away

HP Recommended

FYI - It works for 3-4 pages and the same message came up again - Truely a Piece of $^&%&&&^

HP Recommended

have removed the white gear/cog, and retainer housing it. If you can provide replacement parts and step by step replacement instructions, please contact me at {Personal Information Removed}  thanks

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I would not suggest using any kind of solvent or lubricant inside the product. The results may further damage the product and may make it unsafe to use.

Follow the specified solution for the product:

Paper jam

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01617494

Carriage Jam

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01618201

If the above solutions are followed correctly and they do not correct the issue, the product likely needs to be replaced - serviced.

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.