Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just unboxed it and setting up now... Won't know for a bit.  Will post later, unless HP has deleted me. 😉

L

HP Recommended
Does the scan to folders work ok on the Epson?
HP Recommended

@napalee wrote:

Just unboxed it and setting up now... Won't know for a bit.  Will post later, unless HP has deleted me. 😉

L

Napalee - enquiring minds wanna know what's the latest.. 🙂

HP Recommended

It's great, but it handles scan to folder in a different way - which is actually GREAT.  It handes it by scanning to the cloud!  You can set up a number of different cloud accounts and select the account on the printer - scan and then move the document from there in to the destination folder.   For me, for example:  I use dropbox which is already integrated onto my mac and the servers... so I can just drag and drop.  You can also use EverNote, GoogleDocs, etc. 🙂

Anybody wanna buy my old inks??? LOL I have 3 sets of old XL ink.

Lee

HP Recommended
Time for me to hit staples then. Thank you!!
HP Recommended

I'm working around the problem well enough for now.. but HP's repeating history after the 8500 and now with the 8600 definitely has influenced my future purchases.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it does not look like this is threaded....

In any event,  Spoke to HP Case Manager today
HP is not going to follow up on this

Scan to Network Folder is dead

HP Recommended

a small fire begins to burn in hell for hp :HeartEyes:

HP Recommended
Thanks for sharing this with us net-buoy. It's no surprise that HP haven't bothered to inform their customers (or should I say ex-customers) in this HP ignore-your-customer-and-don't-provide-support-forum.
Like others on this forum I will be looking for a printer from a proper company that supports instead of ignores its customers.
There are lots of great printer manufacturers out there: Epson, Brother, Canon etc.
Maybe we should have a debate here in this forum about what the best printer is?
HP can hardly complain about abuse of the forum - they don't use it to support their customers, so at least that would be putting it to some use!
HP Recommended

It is really unfortunate that HP's service is so pathetic because I have been a die-hard HP user for decades and have purchased or recommended purchase of truckloads of HP printers.  My real grief here is that HP has known about this problem and has kept users in the dark playing games for ages.  My head was exploding listening to the "case manager"  reading tech notes to himself.....

WAKE UP, HP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.