Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

robin4,

I appreciate all the troubleshooting efforts you have completed already and thank you for your time and patience. I have gone ahead and sent you a Private message on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi HevnLgh,

Add me to the list of users who have a 6510 that just randomly stopped printing black. I have gone through the troubleshooting tips posted - including replacing an almost-new black ink cartridge with a brand new, factory-sealed HP original cartridge - to no avail.  I reside in the USA and the warranty has expired.

Please contact me for what my options are.

Thanks!

HP Recommended
To OriginalGrumps, on August 12th you reported your non-black-printing 6510, asking for help, and by August 20th, you reported you had a solution ! Amazing, as I've been going back and forth for months! PLEASE, DO TELL what the solution is as I haven't learned that info and ALSO ate up lots of ink and paper trying to fix the problem myself! PLEASE, WHAT was the solution?
HP Recommended

Hi @rhlin,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see you have exhausted the troubleshooting steps to try and get the black ink printing again on your HP Photosmart 6510. I appreciate your efforts. I have gone ahead and sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,  

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Don't WASTE your TIME ! There seems to be NO SOLUTION except posting questions here in a forum that is USELESS!

I have been trying for a month and see the attached respones, an E-Gift Card offer that was never sent. I have emailed a reply indicating I have never received this and now I get NO REPLY!

Thank you for your reply. Please check your e-mail inbox and spam folder for a message from my Hewlett-Packard Colleagues. They should have sent you an E-Gift Card offer. Please let me know if you have yet to receive this offer.

Best regards,

Jeff Christopher
Executive Customer Relations
Hewlett-Packard Company
Palo Alto, California

HP Recommended
JeffHelp (Jeff Christopher), I have STILL NOT RECEIVED ANY EMAILS FROM HP OFFERING TO HELP ME IN ANY WAY AT ALL. YOU'VE SAID I SHOULD HAVE HEARD--I WROTE YOU BACK, TWICE, STATING I NEVER HEARD FROM ANYONE WITH ANY 'OFFER'. What gives over there??? This is just horrid! If I thought 'corporate' cared, I'd alert them! REALLY poor customer assistance! Shameful!
HP Recommended

JeffHelp,  I replied to you on 12.5.14, saying I NEVER RECEIVED ANY EMAILfrom any HP staff about anything.  AND, after posting my reply to you on 12.5.14, the day you wrote me (in the HP Forum), I haven't heard back from you either.  DO I HAVE to go to Eyewitness News or 7 On Your Side, or something?  What is going to make HP move?  It's shameful!  Really shameful!  (It's now 6:17PM, Pacific time, on 12.13.2014.)

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've spent a whole day trying to fix this problem which is exactly the same as OriginalGrumps.  I had this problem back in Feb ‘14 which I managed to fix following a suggestion on utube, but this time nothing is working and now I have to replace all my cartridges from all the test printing.  I have only every used HP inks with this printer.  I dread changing the ink on this printer, no one in my family can understand why it takes me a few months to get around to replacing the black ink and it’s because it’s not a simple pop in and out procedure. EVER!  And I don’t have time to waste, but this is getting ridiculous, we need black ink to print.

I too am a loyal HP customer but after this printer I think I’ve had enough.  I can’t remember the last issue with our HP printer but I remember thinking I had bought all this new ink and it was useless/waste of money, just like all the ink I have bought this time.

Please help as this printer wasn’t the cheapest so should be reliable.

Thx

HP Recommended

Hi @Enz78,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the black ink out on your HP Photosmart 6510. I see you have exhausted the steps listed here:  Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve with no success.

I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in as well as the product Warranty status: HP Warranty Checker

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi HevnLgh,

Thanks for your reply.

I trust you had a great Xmas.

Country is Australia.

Product number: CQ761A

Warranty Status is: Warranty has expired  

Warranty end date: 2013-07-17  (Which is a bummer because for the majority of the warranty year the printer was in storage as we moved a month after we bought it).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Enz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.