Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Officejet 7612 Wide format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer prints ok withe the setup and replacement cartridges but whenever a 932XL cartridge is inserted  a printer failure message is displayed

Printer failure there is a problem with the printer or ink system error code 0x610000f6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome @Big-Max,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are getting the error "Printer failure there is a problem with the printer or ink system error code 0x610000f6" when installing the 932XL cartridge. I will certainly do my best to help you.

I would try the steps listed in this document, they should help resolve this issue: 'Ink System Failure' Error Displays.

Are you using Genuine HP Cartridges?

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome @Big-Max,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are getting the error "Printer failure there is a problem with the printer or ink system error code 0x610000f6" when installing the 932XL cartridge. I will certainly do my best to help you.

I would try the steps listed in this document, they should help resolve this issue: 'Ink System Failure' Error Displays.

Are you using Genuine HP Cartridges?

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Thank you very much there was a piece of plastic loose on the inside of the printer to the right. Seems like a cover of some sort
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me @Big-Max.

If the printer still isn't working properly because of the broken part that you found, you can contact HP Customer Support to find out what service or trade-in options are available. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance. Thanks.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.