Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer

An orange exclamation point is showing up on a n icon on my HP ENVY photo 7155 all in one printer.  The printer is connected to the WIFI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jcrae,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The orange exclamation point typically indicates an issue with the printer, such as low ink levels, paper jams, or other errors. Here's what you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

• Check Ink Levels: Open the printer's ink cartridge access door and check the ink levels. If any cartridges are low or empty, replace them.
  • Clear Paper Jams: Open the printer's paper input tray and look for any jammed paper. If you find any, carefully remove it to clear the jam.
  • Restart Printer: Sometimes, simply restarting the printer can resolve temporary issues. Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Check for Error Messages: If the printer has a display panel, check for any error messages that may provide more specific information about the issue.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually check for updates through the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP website.
  • Check Network Connection: Verify that the printer is still connected to the Wi-Fi network. You may need to reconnect it if the connection has been lost.
  • Reset Printer: As a last resort, you can try resetting the printer to its factory settings. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to do this.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @jcrae,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The orange exclamation point typically indicates an issue with the printer, such as low ink levels, paper jams, or other errors. Here's what you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

• Check Ink Levels: Open the printer's ink cartridge access door and check the ink levels. If any cartridges are low or empty, replace them.
  • Clear Paper Jams: Open the printer's paper input tray and look for any jammed paper. If you find any, carefully remove it to clear the jam.
  • Restart Printer: Sometimes, simply restarting the printer can resolve temporary issues. Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Check for Error Messages: If the printer has a display panel, check for any error messages that may provide more specific information about the issue.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually check for updates through the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP website.
  • Check Network Connection: Verify that the printer is still connected to the Wi-Fi network. You may need to reconnect it if the connection has been lost.
  • Reset Printer: As a last resort, you can try resetting the printer to its factory settings. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to do this.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.