Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

BLACK INK CARTRIDGE WILL NOT PRINT

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @carolecu,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to have a printer issue like that. There could be several reasons why your black ink cartridge isn't printing. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

Check Ink Levels: Make sure your black ink cartridge has enough ink. Most printers have a feature to check ink levels either through the printer's display panel or via software on your computer.

Clean Print Head: Over time, the print head can get clogged with dried ink. Many printers have a built-in utility to clean the print head. You can usually find this option in the printer settings menu on your computer.

Align Cartridges: Some printers have an alignment feature that ensures the cartridges are properly aligned for optimal print quality. This can also be found in the printer settings menu.

Check for Updates: Ensure your printer's software and drivers are up to date. Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware can resolve printing issues.

Inspect Cartridge: Take out the black ink cartridge and inspect it for any visible damage or leaks. If you see any issues, such as dried ink blocking the print nozzles or a leak, consider replacing the cartridge.

Try Another Cartridge: If you have another black ink cartridge available, try replacing the current one with it to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the cartridge itself or with the printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your help has been greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, the black ink still does not print. I tried 2 new ink cartridges, and neither works.  When I install the old ink that is almost empty, it works with some parts of the print not printing because it is almost empty.  I put the new cartridges in warm water, that got the to release ink on a paper towel.  I realigned and cleaned the cartridges more times than I can count, still nothing comes out of the black cartridges.  My order number was #6688880. I would like instructions on how to return the 2 63xl black ink cartridges for a refund or replacement.

Carol Patterson

136 Saunders Drive

Bushkill, PA 18324

HP Recommended

Hi @carolecu ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue needs a part replacement

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.