Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
C4780
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

running windows 10 64 bit.  I cannot scan i have re downloaded the complete software my windows is up dated. When i run the print and scan doctor everything checks out good. When I open the solution center it says it cannot run because installation is not complete. I can print but not scan im running a wireless connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@struthunter, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you still have issues scanning to the computer after troubleshooting.

Please install HP scan and capture application and check if that helps.

Refer this article to know how to use HP Scan and Capture App.

Let me know if this helps!

Take care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @struthunter,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand  you are having issues with scanning to the computer on your HP Photosmart C4780 printer. Don't worry as I have few steps which should help to get through this concern,

This could happen if the full feature software is not installed. so before you go ahead and uninstall the printer driver and then install the full feature. Let's try these steps here:

Let's take at look at some of your services that are running in the background. Click on your start button and in the "Run" box type " services.msc " . This will open another box. Scroll down to Windows Imaging Acquisition. Make sure this is started and running. Go ahead and restart it. After that , go to Shell hardware Detection. And make sure it is also running, then restart it.

Now we need to see if the " HP Digital Imaging Monitor" is running. Look on your system tray , by the clock (lower right corner) . You should see an icon with a green check on it. Right click it and tell me if the "HP Photosmart C4780" is listed.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you go ahead and uninstall the printer drivers and then install the full feature software.

Uninstall HP Printer (Windows) - Click here

Full feature software - Click here

For more assistance, please go through these documents

Scanning from the Computer (Windows) - Click here

'No Scan Options' Message Displays on Printer (Windows) - Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  

If they did, that's awesome!  

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Everything checked out. I checked everything twice. I have already tried installing full software multiple times. I tried 2 more times today. I get error messages when trying to delete old software then computer restarts and it deleted. I get fetal  error messages during install of software. I follow error  with no luck I have spent many hours on restarts and installs. It always says that im installing  windows 8 software after the errors???

HP Recommended

@struthunter, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you still have issues scanning to the computer after troubleshooting.

Please install HP scan and capture application and check if that helps.

Refer this article to know how to use HP Scan and Capture App.

Let me know if this helps!

Take care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Scan and Capture App works great.

Thank you, John

HP Recommended

Hi! @struthunter, thanks for the response.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.