Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Laserjet M110w and I cannot print.  Printed message says "Check your Account - a problem has occurred with your HP account and you will be unable to print very soon unless the issue is resolved."  I have opened my account but can find nothing there - is this printer so sophisticated that it can tell me that I am running out of ink ?  The ink level looks ok and I have not enrolled in the HP Instant Instant Ink.  HELP - I am going on holiday on Monday and need to print out documents!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @scottylass ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are getting an error Can't Print - message that says Check Your Account Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Don't worry, the "Check Your Account" message with your HP Laserjet M110w doesn't necessarily mean you're running out of ink, even though it might seem confusing. 

Here's what you can do to troubleshoot and get printing again before your holiday:

Check Web Services:

• This error can sometimes occur due to a glitch with the HP web services, even if you haven't enrolled in Instant Ink.
  • Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS):
    • Print an information page by pressing the information button (i) on your printer.
    • This will show the printer's IP address.
    • Open a web browser on your computer and type the IP address in the address bar.
  • Go to the "Web Services" tab and click "Remove Web Services."
  • Confirm the removal. This should disconnect the printer from web services.

Reinstall HP Smart App:

• If removing web services doesn't resolve the issue, try reinstalling the HP Smart app on your computer.
  • Uninstall the app completely and then download the latest version from HP's website.

Check for Firmware Updates:

• Visit HP's support website for your specific Laserjet M110w model.
  • Check for any available firmware updates and install them if necessary.

Reset Network Settings:

• If you're using Wi-Fi, try resetting the network settings on your printer. This might clear any temporary glitches.
  • Consult your printer's user manual for specific instructions on resetting network settings.

Here are some additional tips:

• Double-check the toner level visually. While the error message might be misleading, ensure the toner cartridge has enough ink.
  • Make sure you have a stable internet connection if your printer uses Wi-Fi.

Refer to this document:  HP LaserJet M110w Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Giya1239 - I am so sorry that I have not answered your post but I have only just returned from my holiday.  Before my holiday I spent almost a whole afternoon on What's App with an HP support person to no avail.  Thankfully I had already printed off most of the documents I required for my holiday and downloaded my boarding passes to my Apple Wallet.

Today I used the printer and had the same problem in that I was getting the same printed page saying to Check my Account - however after I pressed the orange exclamation button the document I had sent to print actually printed!!!   I will continue with this set up - it just means that the warning letter will print every time but hey ho I think I can afford to waste a sheet of paper each  time I print - which isn't that often.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my question and I have printed off your solution which I shall try if for some reason I cannot print in future after the warning letter comes through. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.