Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6500
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
For some time now I cannot print in color from my nexus 5 phone to my officejet 6500 printer.
Printing from desktop to the same printer is ok.
Printing from the same phone to other printers is ok.
I tried uninstalling and installing the hp printer plugin but still only the black & white option is available when I try to print.
Even if I reselect the printer and see the color option available, printing will still be in black and white.

Trying to print from the e-print app will display only the black & white drops near the printer name. And the color drops near remote printers I'm connected to.

Please advise,
Thanks,
Eran
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Eranro1, I appreciate your time and patience.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have checked with the research and development team they are creating a firmware to fix this issue.

However, they have not given me the ETA (Estimated time) but a firmware should be released shortly and the issue should be taken care.

We will let you know once the firmware is released.

Will keep you posted!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@Eranro1, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are not able to print in color from your android smartphone using HP eprint app.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

What is the version of android you are using on your smartphone?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Install or update the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store, and then make sure the plugin is turned on.
Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings vary depending on Android version and device manufacturer.
On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English) from the Google Play Store.
Once the installation or update is complete, choose a method to turn on the HP Print Service Plugin:
On Android devices with 7.0 (Nougat), the HP Print Service Plugin has turned on automatically after installation. Skip to the step to Print with the HP Print Service Plugin.
If this is the first time you installed the HP Print Service Plugin, swipe down the home screen to display the notification dashboard, and then find HP Inc. service installed.
If you updated the HP Print Service Plugin, tap Settings, tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing.
Tap HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc and then tap On.
Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.
Your Android device is now ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.

Refer this article to know more about using HP print plugin app.

Also, if the issue still persists try using HP printer AIO app.

Refer this article to know how to use HP AIO app.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@MrRobot thanks for your reply.
I'm using android version 6.0.1 on my nexus 5 phone.
As I originally posted I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin to no vail.
Also the same phone with the same plugin succeeds printing in color to another printer on another network.
But on this specific printer I cannot print in color using any method from my phone.
This is including direct print through the print option in acrobat reader for example, including the e-print app and the AIO apo as well.
Only from my desktop can I print in color.
HP Recommended

@Eranro1, It's great to hear from you again. I was awaiting for your response.

As you mentioned even after downloading different plugins the issue still persists.

Go to your phone settings, Go to apps settings, select show system app.

Click android system web view and click disable and restart your smartphone.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP AIO or print plugin app on your smartphone and check if you are able to print.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@MrRobot hi,

I tried what you suggested, but the problem persists.

Screenshot_20170405-001343.png

Still only bkack and white option is available.

Maybe its something to do with this printer?

Should I enable back android system web view?

HP Recommended

@Eranro1, Thanks for getting back to me. 

Thanks for sharing the details.

I did check the advisory it looks to be an issue with android update Marshmellow and Nougat.

Try enabling the android system web view on your smartphone and check if it helps.

Also, you can try using a different smartphone running 5.0 (Lollipop) and check if the issue persists.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi MrRobot,
Indeed printing from a nexus 4 device running android 5.0, is working properly.
It's odd, my device running marshmellow doesn't print in color on my home officejet 6500 E709n printer.
On another officejet 6500 E710n-z printer I use at work I'm able to print in color with no problem.
Is there any workarround for this problem?
HP Recommended

@Eranro1, It was a quick response. I was indeed waiting to hear from you.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you are able to print from android 5.0 (Lollipop), It's certainly an issue with nougat and marshmallow.

Please wait for the next update from google.

Also, if there are any updates from HP will keep you posted on this.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks,
A great day to you too. 😀
HP Recommended

@Eranro1, It's been great to hear from you again.

I need few details, So I can do a bit of research and get back to you.

• What is the Printer model and firmware version
  • What type of Network connection are you using (is the printer connected to network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi)
  • Please provide the Android OS version & Phone make/model number.

Please reply back with details.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.