Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi @MrRobot,

I enclose the screen shots from my phone and from my printer with the models firmware and what not.

The printer is connected wirelessly to my home wifi network.

I hope this will give you sufficient information to help me solve this problem.

Screenshot_20170407-230930.png

• Screenshot_20170407-230758.png

Thanks,

Eran.

P.S. I tried printing from another device running marshmellow as well (xiomi redme note 4) and the problem persists, only black and white printing is available.

HP Recommended

@Eranro1, It's great to hear from you again.

Thanks for sharing the details.

But I'm unable to view the pictures, please resend the pictures so I can verify and reinvestigate on this issue.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20170407-235152.png

Screenshot_20170407-230758.png

Hope this works...

HP Recommended

Sorry,  it took me awhile to understand that pictures with serial numbers are being removed 😬

Lets give this a try...

Screenshot_20170408-001415.png

HP Recommended

Hello, @Eranro1

I see that you were interacting with @A4Apollo. He is out of office today, but I'm here to help 🙂

Thank you for the information. We need to run few tests to determine the issue and will get back to you once we have the information.

Alternatively, try this workaround to see if that works.

1) Uninstall the HP ePrint, HP AiO remote apps from your phone. Open the page that you would like to print using the HP print service plugin. Now, change the printer name to "Save as PDF" and save the file. Go to the saved file location and then try to print.

2) Uninstall all printing apps from your phone. (HP AiO remote, HP Print service plugin and HP ePrint app). Restart your Android phone. Download and install only the HP AiO remote app from the play store and then try to print.

Let us know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hi @MrRobot and @Dvortex,
Sorry for the delayed response, I was away from the printer the last days 😉...
Thank you for trying to help me.
I tried both workarounds you suggested as well as resetting my printer, restoring its factory settings and reconnecting it to the network.
But nothing helps.
Only bkack and white printing is available to me when printing from my Nexus 5...
Any other suggestions?
Eran
HP Recommended

@Eranro1, It's great to hear from you again.

Thanks for your patience and time.

I'm working closely with R&D team once I get an update from them, I will keep you posted.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Take care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi @MrRobot,
Thanks for your help,
I'll await your response,
Have a great day,
Eran
HP Recommended

Hi @MrRobot,

I don't know what exactly changed, but the problem no longer exists.

maybe the firmfware or the plugin version changes...

Thanks,

Eran

HP Recommended

@Eranro1, I appreciate your time and patience.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have checked with the research and development team they are creating a firmware to fix this issue.

However, they have not given me the ETA (Estimated time) but a firmware should be released shortly and the issue should be taken care.

We will let you know once the firmware is released.

Will keep you posted!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.