Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4655

Is there new firmware I need to install on my HP Envy 4655 so that it works with Apple ios 11.0.3?  I am using the same network on both printer and iPhone.  The iPhone recognoizes the printer but when I enter "Print", it says contacting printer and nothing happens.

Thank you.

Mary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, 

There is a bug running on the 11.0.x IOS version but there is a workaround without using the HP smart App.

1. Tap wireless icon of the printer

2. Click the gear (usually at the bottom left)

3. Look for advanced settings

4. Disable IPv6 ( Slide on and off)

5. Turn OFF the printer ( keep it off)

6. Press and hold the POWER + HOME of your IOS device

7. Wait for the Apple logo to show up

8. If iOS doesnt power on after the reset Turn it back ON by pressing the power BUTTON

9. Go to the settings of your iOS and make sure it gets connected to your wifi where you connected the printer too

10. Turn off the BlueTooth of your iOS temporarily ( just turn it ON when you need it )

11. Turn back ON the printer

12. Wait for the blue light wireless indicator to turn SOLID

13 Start printing. it is 101% working

I will be happy to answer any questions related to your printer ( Specialized in apple product )

I will be happy to answer any questions related to your printer ( Specialized in apple products )

Please do not forget to click the THANKS button if this helped you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@canetr

There is a hiccup with iOS 11. update. Please try HP Smart app to print

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/hp-smart/id469284907?mt=8

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

There is a bug running on the 11.0.x IOS version but there is a workaround without using the HP smart App.

1. Tap wireless icon of the printer

2. Click the gear (usually at the bottom left)

3. Look for advanced settings

4. Disable IPv6 ( Slide on and off)

5. Turn OFF the printer ( keep it off)

6. Press and hold the POWER + HOME of your IOS device

7. Wait for the Apple logo to show up

8. If iOS doesnt power on after the reset Turn it back ON by pressing the power BUTTON

9. Go to the settings of your iOS and make sure it gets connected to your wifi where you connected the printer too

10. Turn off the BlueTooth of your iOS temporarily ( just turn it ON when you need it )

11. Turn back ON the printer

12. Wait for the blue light wireless indicator to turn SOLID

13 Start printing. it is 101% working

I will be happy to answer any questions related to your printer ( Specialized in apple product )

I will be happy to answer any questions related to your printer ( Specialized in apple products )

HP Recommended
Yes. The printer is working with my iPhone. Thank you very much. I contacted Apple support and they couldn’t help. They suggested I contact HP support because I may need firmware update. I hope Apple knows about this bug and correct it in its next release. Assuming it does, will I still be able to print with IPv6 off?

Mary
HP Recommended
Thank you for your suggestion. I used the procedure outlined in HP Tech Support’s response and the printer works.

Mary
HP Recommended

Thank you even a non tech Nanna managed to fix with your instructions. Does the disabled IPv6 need to be switched back to on at some point?

HP Recommended

@ canetr > The answer is Yes, You should be capable of sending print jobs even just the IPv4 ON

@Nanna > The answer is NO

HP Recommended

This fix worked for my iphone6 and it automatically also enabled my iPad to work. Thanks !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.