Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am suddenly having a strange issue trying to print Architectural D sized plans.  The images come out skewed (squares print as rhombus, circles print as ovals) and are running off the page and no longer centered.  This seems to happen with larger prints/plots and smaller ones print fine.  What is really odd is that I can convert the file created in TurboCad to a .DWG, open it in an AutoCad reader/printer app and print it fine on the same printer.  I'm at my wits end and have tried everythintg I can think of on the printer end, and have even bought a new version of TurboCad as a last resort, and the issue has not changed at all.  I have of course installed the latest drivers for the printer, as well as taking it off my home network and printing by usb.  The printer is fairly new, having been purchased this past May (less than 6 months old) to replace another I had, and is of course plugged into a good surge suppressor.  What else can I try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

Thanks.  hp was very good about all this and stayed on the phone with me for quite a while trying various things.  Unfortunately, none of it was anything I hadn't tried, nor did we find out what is causing this.  Still, it felt good to get that level of service from them...as well as confirming that nothing seems to be wrong with the printer or the drivers.  Now I'm hoping to find out what, if anything, is going on with TurbCad.  Freaky, since I've been using various versions of TurboCad foir years doing basically the same sort of simple 2D line drawings (plan views and elevations) with no problems at all.  To have this suddenly come up (*and have the same issue after buying a newer version of TurboCad thinking that might solve the issue)  is pretty frustrating.

I had what was for me the ideal setup, a robust affordable printer and an easy to use affordable CAD program.  Well, I still have a great printer with the T120 anyway, so that's at least a thing.   I may have to look for an alternative CAD program, but the last time I looked around, things were pretty bleak.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@havlicek, thank you for posting on HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I see that your issue with Designjet T120 is classified as a commercial product (business line).

Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.
If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.

Click here for details.
Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Have a great day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the quick response.  Yes, I use the printer for home and business.  From your response, I can't get an answer here because I use it partly for my business?

HP Recommended

I would suggest posting in the HP Designjet, Large Format Printers and Digital Press forum here.  Be sure to provide plenty of details - are you printing directly from TurboCad?  

I see you have also found the TurboCad forums here, if the issue is with TurboCad there may be a user there that can help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

Thanks.  hp was very good about all this and stayed on the phone with me for quite a while trying various things.  Unfortunately, none of it was anything I hadn't tried, nor did we find out what is causing this.  Still, it felt good to get that level of service from them...as well as confirming that nothing seems to be wrong with the printer or the drivers.  Now I'm hoping to find out what, if anything, is going on with TurbCad.  Freaky, since I've been using various versions of TurboCad foir years doing basically the same sort of simple 2D line drawings (plan views and elevations) with no problems at all.  To have this suddenly come up (*and have the same issue after buying a newer version of TurboCad thinking that might solve the issue)  is pretty frustrating.

I had what was for me the ideal setup, a robust affordable printer and an easy to use affordable CAD program.  Well, I still have a great printer with the T120 anyway, so that's at least a thing.   I may have to look for an alternative CAD program, but the last time I looked around, things were pretty bleak.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.