Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2622
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello

I have a Deskjet 2622 and an active instant ink subscription.  The "info" button is flashing and the envelope icon with an ink droplet is also flashing.  I cannot print anything

printer IP address states everything in online and webservices is enabled.  Seems to think I have a now instant ink cartridge installed but that is not the case - you sent a new one a couple of weeks ago.  Printer Serial is [edit]

Can you reset anything to allow it to print??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @asfasfasfasf,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Hello! It sounds like you're encountering an issue with your HP Deskjet 2622 printer related to the Instant Ink service. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to resolve this:

Check Cartridge Installation: First, ensure that the ink cartridges are installed correctly. Remove them and reinstall them to make sure they are seated properly in their slots.

Hard Reset:

• Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
  • Wait for about 60 seconds.
  • Plug the printer back in and turn it on. This can help reset any errors that might be causing the issue.

Check for Messages: Since the "info" button and the envelope icon with an ink droplet are flashing, there might be an error message or warning. Check the printer screen for any messages that could give more details about the issue.

HP Instant Ink Status: Since the printer seems to think a non-Instant Ink cartridge is installed despite you having installed a new one from Instant Ink, it’s possible there might be an issue with the cartridge recognition. Visit the HP Instant Ink page and log into your account to check the status of your cartridges and ensure your printer is properly communicating with HP's servers.

Update Firmware: Check if there is a firmware update available for your printer. You can do this by accessing the printer’s built-in web server by entering its IP address in a web browser. Navigate to the firmware section and check for updates.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for the response.  None of that seems to have helped - although in my instant ink account it has now recognised the instant ink cartridge.  but the light still flashes on the printer along with the icon and I cannot print.  I have unplugged left it alone and re plugged in.  the IP address seems to say everything is in order - though it says there is an "important message " and to log into instant ink.  There's nothing there.  The cartridge is installed correctly as I am able to print the "printer information page" - and on there it states "A problem has occurred with you instant ink account" and tells me to log on - but as I say the account seems to says everything is fine.

dunno - hardware fault maybe?

HP Recommended

Hi @asfasfasfasf,

Thank you for your response.

It seems like your HP printer is configured to work with HP Instant Ink. I will need a few additional details to help you with this.

I request you to share all the details in a private message. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

To understand the issue and help you, please share the details listed below:

• Registered email address and the serial number of the printer.

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.Take care and have a great day ahead!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.