Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just purchased the Envy 4520 and so far, I don't have any problems printing from programs on my computer, EXCEPT for my email messages in my Outlook.  There are no error messages or anything.  I checked the printing status and there's no documents waiting.  When I click to print, nothing happens.  What's wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bwlngnt

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Envy 4520 Printer does not print from outlook emails. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile

Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service:

• Press the Windows key and R at the same time, to show the run command line.
  • Type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks).
  • Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
  • Click Stop and click OK.
  • Navigate to "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers", right click on the document and left click to delete the job.
  • Run "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks).
  • Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

If the issue persists, disable the bidirectional support:

• From Devices and Printers window.

• Right-click the printer, and then click left click Printer Properties.

• Click the Ports tab.

• Make sure that the Enable bidirectional support checkbox is unchecked. If it is checked, click the checkbox, click Apply, and then click OK.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@bwlngnt

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Envy 4520 Printer does not print from outlook emails. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Meanwhile

• Navigate to "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers", right click on the document and left click to delete the job.
  • Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

• Click the Ports tab.

• Make sure that the Enable bidirectional support checkbox is unchecked. If it is checked, click the checkbox, click Apply, and then click OK.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a bunch, sandytechy20!  I tried clearing the printer spooler files (first section) and it worked!  I didn't have to go any further.  You made my night!  :generic: 

HP Recommended

Hi @bwlngnt,

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20 wrote:

@bwlngnt

Meanwhile

• Click the Ports tab.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

I have the HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier AIO Printer A909n connected to my Windows 10 PC.  Just like the OP, I can't print  any email messages from Outlook.  This issue started since I recently got this new Windows 10 PC a few months ago.  I have followed your solution steps listed under "Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service" - but this does not fix the problem.  Then I tried disabling bidirectional support but I do not see a Ports tab  after I left-click Printer Properties. I've also downloaded & ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows - but it didn't resolve the problem.  I've also checked to make sure that I'm running the most up-to-date drivers for this printer.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.