Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M428fdw
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I get a blue screen with this error code: B8E28C6A.  I've unplugged and still get it.  Any advice?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @GSB13,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand the error code B8E28C6A on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer indicates a hardware or firmware issue that is not easily resolved with basic troubleshooting. 

Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

Power Cycle the Printer:

• Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord.
  • Wait for at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back in and turn on the printer.

Check for Firmware Updates:

• Ensure your printer's firmware is up to date. You can check for updates on the HP support website by searching for your printer model and downloading any available firmware updates. Update the firmware on an HP printer

Reset the Printer:

• Sometimes a factory reset can resolve persistent issues. Be aware that this will reset all settings to their default state.
  • To reset the printer, access the control panel, go to "Setup" or "Service," and look for the "Restore Defaults" or "Reset" option.

Reinstall Printer Drivers:

• On your Mac, go to "System Preferences" > "Printers & Scanners."
  • Remove the printer by selecting it and clicking the "-" button.
  • Visit the HP support website to download and install the latest drivers for your printer model compatible with macOS Monterey.  Software and Drivers for HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw

Refer to this document: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.