Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My HP Envy Photo 7855 is not working. When I try to print from my computer, I get the error that my printer is out of paper and the print jobs will not complete. 

There is plenty of paper in my printer - it is the same paper I have been using for over a year and I was able to print some pages a few days ago without a problem. 

I re-started the computer and updated my system (there was an update waiting). I also added additional paper and have thoroughly checked for a paper jam or some other problem.

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you

Adrienne

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Adrienne312,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the Error "Out of Paper"

I understand you are not able to print due to this false error. Check if you are using compatible paper - Product Specifications for the HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer (K7R96A)

Use regular paper.

Do you get this error on the printer screen or the app you are using to print on the Mac/Windows?

Make sure the paper is loaded correctly. Refer to - Loading Paper, Cards, Envelopes

Perform the steps mentioned in this document - An 'Out of Paper' error displays, printer does not pick paper

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your Mac.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.