Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer worked perfekt but the Toner cartridge needed to be changed.

I was i a hurry and the new Toner cartridge got stuck in a wrong position.  I got it out and put it in  again but after that it only prints one page and then all 3 lights are on. (not flashing)   

I have to turn it of and on again and then it prints one page again.

I think some part has been bend but I cant se anything wrong inside the printer.

I t doesn't matter if I change to the old Toner cartridge - same problem.

Best regards Håkan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HakanAstrom,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP LaserJet 1200 is experiencing issues potentially related to the toner cartridge installation, but it could also be a deeper mechanical or sensor issue, especially since you mentioned the possibility of something being bent inside. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue:

Reset the Printer:

• Turn the printer off, unplug it for about a minute, then plug it back in and turn it on. This can sometimes clear error states.

Check the Toner Cartridges:

• Make sure that both the old and new toner cartridges are not damaged, particularly looking at the chip and contact points.
  • Reinsert the toner cartridge carefully and ensure it is properly seated. It should click into place without excessive force.

Inspect the Printer Internals:

• With the toner cartridge removed, inspect the inside of the printer for any visible signs of damage, debris, or loose parts. Pay attention to any sensors, rollers, or mechanical parts that could have been impacted when the toner got stuck.
  • Make sure that there is no residual paper stuck inside, and that all rollers and sensors are clean and free of dust or debris.

Check the Paper Tray and Paper Path:

• Remove the paper tray and ensure it is not overloaded or improperly loaded.
  • Look for any stuck pieces of paper or debris in the paper feed path.

Diagnostic Test:

• Many HP printers allow you to run a self-diagnostic test. Consult your printer’s manual for instructions on how to perform this, as it can provide insights into what might be going wrong.

Review Error Lights:

• Since all three lights are on and not flashing, refer to the user manual to interpret what this specific signal means. It could provide a clue as to what the issue might be.

Firmware Update:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model. Sometimes, firmware issues can cause printers to behave erratically.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.