Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w

My HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202W will no longer power up.  I tried the reset suggested by the HP Support website as well as other outlets and power cords but nothing solved the problem. I'm out of ideas of my own. This seems ridiculous if the internal power supply is indeed dead. Anyone have any other ideas? A short life span for an expensive printer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Prismi,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand It's frustrating when a device like your HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202W won't power on, especially after trying common troubleshooting steps. Here are a few additional steps you can try:

• Check the power source: Ensure that the outlet you're using is working properly by plugging in another device. If the outlet is fine, try plugging your printer into a different outlet.
  • Inspect the power cord: Check the power cord for any visible damage or wear. If you have access to another power cord that fits your printer, try using it to rule out a faulty cord.
  • Inspect for physical damage: Carefully inspect the printer for any signs of physical damage, such as dents, cracks, or loose components. If you find any, it could indicate internal damage that is preventing the printer from turning on.
  • Reset the internal components: Sometimes, disconnecting and reconnecting internal components can resolve power issues. If you're comfortable doing so, try opening up the printer (if it's out of warranty) and reseating components like the power supply unit and internal cables.

Refer to this document: HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.