Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet 3833 all in 1 suddenly doesn't print. I can send files to print, the printer sounds like it's printing, but all that comes out is blank pages. I've checked the ink levels, and it doesn't matter whether I try to print a pdf (yes, I have adobe) or a word doc. I can't figure out what is wrong. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HyHa1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're dealing with a frustrating printer issue! Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot your HP OfficeJet 3833:

Check Ink Cartridges:

• Even though you've checked the ink levels, sometimes the cartridges can have other issues. Remove the ink cartridges and check for any clogs or dried ink on the printhead. You can clean the printhead gently using a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water.

Run the Printer's Cleaning Cycle:

• Use your printer’s control panel to run the cleaning cycle. This can help clear any clogged nozzles. It might take a few cleaning cycles if the clogs are severe.

Check Printer Settings:

• Ensure that the printer is not set to "draft" or any other mode that uses less ink. Check this from the printer's menu or your computer's printer properties.

Update Printer Firmware and Drivers:

• Make sure that your printer’s firmware and drivers are up-to-date. Visit the HP website, find your model, and check for any software updates.

Print a Test Page or Diagnostic Report:

• Printing a test page directly from the printer’s control panel can help isolate whether the issue is with the printer or the connection to your computer.

Check the Paper:

• Verify that the type of paper you are using is compatible with your printer. Also, ensure that paper settings on the printer match the loaded paper type.

Examine the Printer’s Internal Areas:

• Check for any paper jams or debris inside the printer. Ensure everything is clean and clear.

Reset the Printer:

• Turn off the printer, unplug it for about a minute, then plug it back in and turn it on. This can sometimes resolve issues that aren't fixed through other troubleshooting methods.

Reinstall the Printer:

• Remove the printer from your list of devices on your computer and reinstall it. This can help refresh the connection settings and resolve software-related issues.

Check for Hardware Issues:

• If all else fails, there might be a mechanical failure or another hardware issue with the printer. If it's still under warranty, contacting HP support or visiting a service center could be the next step.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.