Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am getting the error message "Printer Failure...There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn the printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP. I have tried all the troubleshooting methods suggested on the website.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LauraN12,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already gone through some troubleshooting steps, but let's try a few more to see if we can resolve the issue:

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve many issues. Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a couple of minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again.
  • Check Ink Cartridges: Ensure that all ink cartridges are properly installed and have enough ink. Sometimes, a cartridge may be incorrectly seated or empty, causing the error message.
  • Clean the Cartridge Contacts: Turn off the printer, remove the ink cartridges, and clean the electrical contacts on both the cartridges and the printer. Use a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with distilled water.
  • Update Firmware/Driver: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer on the HP website. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve hardware-related issues. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset the Printer: Resetting the printer to its factory settings may help. Look for instructions on how to perform a factory reset in your printer's manual or on the HP website.
  • Check for Physical Damage: Inspect the printer for any signs of physical damage, such as broken parts or loose connections. 

Refer to this document: HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer series

HP OfficeJet Printers - 'Printer Failure' Error

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.