Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8035e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After searching the internet and having HP Support take over my computer on multiple occasions in the last couple months, I'm STILL having the exact same issues as when I first unboxed our NEW HP Officejet Pro 8035e in August.  It's constantly freezing in the middle of printing after working fine for a day or two.  Then it goes offline out of nowhere and gets stuck on "canceling" or "shutting down" for as long as it takes me to do a hard reset on the device (hold power button down forever or unplug and plug it back in).  This is BEYOND frustrating and i'm thinking of contacting Amazon to return it.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@gssigns

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Any updates?  No one has contacted me besides to say someone would contact me.  I'm still having to reset the printer on a weekly to semi-daily basis and it's still hanging up or cancelling in the middle of printing.  This is our only desktop printer at work and 3 people use this to print documents and notes.  It's a critical component of our daily work.

HP Recommended

Just had to unplug the printer again this morning.  It printed for me fine to start (double-sided at that!) but the second thing we sent to print caused the printer to just say "Printing" for several minutes.  I tried the cancel button on the printer and that didn't work.  I tried the power button and that didn't work.  I tried holding the power button to force a restart and that didn't work.  I finally unplugged it, waited, then plugged it back in.  Normally the document stuck waiting to be printed would spit out after restart but that didn't happen this time.  I would DEFINITELY like some feedback or help.

HP Recommended

No real help except to call the support number and waste 1/2 a day on that AGAIN.  the problem has not gone away.  it may have even gotten worse.  it's frozen and need restarted 3 times this week already and i'm about to do it a 4th since it's stuck on "Shutting Down" after it froze on "Printing" and the "X" cancel button didn't respond on the printer front panel.  (I checked the computer and the Printer Spool had cleared after the printer was frozen for a minute.

HP Recommended

Personally, I would return it.  I'm thinking about returning the same printer, my issue is it constantly gives me out of paper error but it has paper.

HP Recommended

Hi @Smokie42,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

It's right there in the subject line of the post...

Do you mean product number or serial number?

HP Recommended

That may be the best course of action Smokey.  I have not had your issue though.  Have you checked for a paper jam that might be messing with the sensor?

To keep the moderators updated on the original issue in this post... I opened up the office LAST Monday to find the printer stuck on "printing" (apparently for the entire weekend).  However, I didn't have anything in the queue on Friday when I locked up the shop.  So hit the power button and it said "shutting down" for 5+ minutes (AKA, frozen AGAIN!).  I skipped the cancel button this time as that never works when it's frozen.  it just gets stuck on "canceling" like it gets stuck on "shutting down".  So, after several minutes of it not moving on, I held the power button for about 60+ seconds and it finally restarted.  It worked great for 2 more days, then froze again.  Used the same method to restart it.  Why is it always the same issue.

HP Recommended

LOL!  New update.  The printer LOOKED fine this morning but was "offline" even though HP Smart program connected to it and all face buttons worked on the actual printer.  (TWO networked computers couldn't print.)  Hit the Shutdown button on what appeared to be a working and active printer... and it froze trying to shut down.  Restarted it and now it's printing fine.  WHAT GIVES HP?!?  why won't you respond?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.