Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
PhotoSmart Plus, SN [edited]

My PhotoSmart Plus B210a, with new 564 Cartridges installed printed 2 pages then stopped. No messages, Goes through all the proper girations and blank paper with a vertical  inky smudged streak on left side. Will not copy either. I have adjusted, reset,  cleaned printheads, and nothing changes...the only message I've had is when I tried to Align Cartridges, it goes through the motion then says " Alignment Failed". I have not taken the printhead out and physically tried cleaning it yet. What else could cause it to just stop printing?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Parisite,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I Understand, your printer gives an error message.

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Did you make any hardware/software changes?

I have few troubleshooting steps you could try to resolve the issue: 

Step 2: Reset the printer

Turning the printer off, and then on again might resolve an Alignment failed error message.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

note:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If resetting the printer does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE TROUBLESHOOTING

If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact our phone support.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

HP Recommended

I have taken the printhead out & cleaned per HP online instructions, Now get message: Ink System Failed.

I turn off & on as prompted and still doesn't work.  I keep checking ink levels & ink is going down . Where is the ink going? It still will not print anything or copy.  the scanner is all that works.  Is there another HP Printer that uses 564 cartridges that I can buy? I have 3 brand new genuine HP cartridges,

HP Recommended

@Parisite,

I reviewed the post. It is great to have you back. You've displayed amazing technical skills, immaculate attitude coupled with a never say die spirit to try and fix the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 As@Flower_Bud is out for the day, I am taking over from here.

• It looks like a hardware issue with the printer and it is time for a replacement. Please perform all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2CxSTa0 (HP Printers - 'Ink System Failure' or '0x ...' Error Code Displays)

Now check if the issue gets fixed.

If it continues, then contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

If there are compatible printers for the ink cartridges that you currently have from this printer, they will let you know about it.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.