Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw Printer. I'm having three problems that I suspect are interrelated. The problems:

1. The touch screen is black - it does not respond to touch. I've power cycled the printer several times, to no avail.
  2. The Printer is "Offline", and I cannot get it "Online" again.
  3. In order to fix these issues, I've downloaded and run HP Print and Scan Doctor several times, to no avail.

What I've tried:

• As stated above, I've power cycled the printer several times. I've followed the power cycling steps posted elsewhere in this forum, including plugging the printer directly into the outlet (not in a power strip), and holding the power button while unplugged to ensure a full discharge. Of note, when powered on, the printer does make the normal "start-up" sounds.
  • I've downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. The app could not find my printer - I tried all three connection methods, including USB, Network Wired, and Network Wireless. For the USB connection, I plugged directly into the computer (not a hub), and tried numerous different USB ports on the computer, as well different USB cables.
  • In regards to the Network Connections, I powered cycled my router, for the sake of thoroughness. All my devices receive a "strong" to "excellent" signal from the router, and none of my other devices have connectivity issues.
  • I've ensured that I have the most recent version of HP Smart.

Some other notes:

• The printer was purchased less than a month ago. (Early July 2021)
  • The printer was used less than 10 times.

My suspicion is that the printer (the touch screen, perhaps?) is defective. Any ideas on how to get it working?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DeeMacLi

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.