Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart B110. Since upgrading to Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks I have been unable to save any files when using the the HP Scan application. I have tried using the Apple Airprint work arounds, but these are only useful if scanning just one page, I need to scan multiple page documents. Any suggestions? Alternative scanning Apps perhaps as neither Apple nor HP seem able to sort this out......

HP Recommended

HP has yet to update HP Scan for Mavericks... I seriously wonder if they intend to do so. You can scan from Preview and some other Mac apps, but if you need OCR, you probably have to buy something like Vuescan or other app, which means spending more. I am quite upset that HP does not update software for a printer that is in my case less than a year old! My next printer will NOT be from HP. We depend on these multifunctionals for more than simple printing; that's why we buy them, and we have every right to expect some support... and not months later when somebody gets around to it.

HP Recommended

Thanks Appledog. I am "making-do" with using Preview, but it really is not easy to use when it comes to scanning multipage documents. I too am very disappointed in HP as I have used them for many years both domestically and in business. As the main IT buyer for my company I will be seriously looking at alternatives.

HP Recommended

For scanning multipage documents I've been using the Android app on my Nexus 7. There is a similar iOS app which should also work.

HP Recommended

I found a solution for the problem with HP Scan and Mavericks. There is a new version of HP Scan when downloading the "Software and drivers for HP Deskjet advanced functions - OS X v10.8, OS X v10.9 Mavericks". It does not matter if your's is a Deskjet printer. Mines are not. Just install a new printer from this package, and the new version of HP Scan will be installed with it! And it works! I did this in the Spanish web site of HP. I presume this will be the same in other sites.

Greetings

HP Recommended

Can you share with us what is your scanner model and what is the printer model that you download the drivers?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I used the Deskject 2540 Product and installed it's software.  It installed an HP Utility which I uninstalled, but I also selected the HP Scan option.  I can confirm the software does work with Mavericks and my HP Photosmart 6515.

However I can't seem to get the "Scan to Computer" option to work.

HP Recommended

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-108387-1&cc=es&dlc=es&lc=es...

This is the link I found in the HP site searching for the keywords "scan maverikcs". Be aware it it in Spanish. But I hope there will be a similar download in other languages.

I downloaded the software and installed it. It looks as if it does not matter which is your printer. Mine is an Officejet 8500 Pro. And I have a PSC 1610 all-in-one also. I used the same download for both of them. I acted as I was going to install a new printer that was not connected to the computer. I selected the last model from a set of 8-10 printers that the install software showed me in a list. I let the instalation continue until the end, and the new Scan software was there! In fact I think I just installed the driver for a certain printer but, since I do not connect this printer (it does not exist!) this is not important. The point is that the new Scan software was installed and it worked with my old printers, and with the old drivers. It was not a problem of the drivers. If was a problem of the Scan software.

HP Recommended

Seems to work as photo, but NO OCR options on the D110!

<sarcasm>

Still waiting for hoops HP is graciously sending us to jump through. Woof to HP! growl!!!!!

</sarcasm>

HP Recommended

I finally have it all working.

My Printer: Photosmart 6510

1. Downloaded and installed Deskjet 2540 software.  This is the bit that really installs the HP Scan software.  Just ignore the HP 2540 Utility that it installs.

2. Downloaded from Apple the HP Printer Drivers v.2.16.1 for OS X

3. Deleted and Re-Added by Bonjour Printer and selected the HP Photosmart 6510 series Driver (not the Airprint option).

4. Opened the Printer from the Printers & Scanners System Pref and selected the Utility tab.

5. Clicked Open Printer Utility and waited for it to connect to my Printer.

6. Went down to Scan Settings and turned on Scan to Computer.

ALL DONE!  :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.