Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have had the 150nw for just over a year and it has been used rarely during that time, printing no more than 100 pages in total. I recently switched it on and it is now producing ghosted prints with what is been printed being replicated approx 19cm below the actual print (see image below). This happens with all prints; black & white, colour, text or images.

I have followed the basic instructions provided for cleaning and have visually inspected each part etc. but can see nothing out of place.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @RvonOmmel ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are getting a ghosting in prints, where the image is replicated or repeated, typically indicates a problem with the drum or fuser unit in the printer. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check the drum unit: The drum unit may have developed a problem causing it to retain previous images. Remove the drum unit according to the printer's instructions and inspect it for any signs of damage or wear. If you see any issues, such as scratches or toner buildup, it may need to be replaced.
  • Inspect the fuser unit: The fuser unit is responsible for bonding the toner to the paper. If it's not functioning correctly, it could cause ghosting. Check the fuser unit for any signs of damage or wear, such as worn rollers or toner buildup. If you find any issues, the fuser unit may need to be replaced.
  • Clean the printer thoroughly: Even if you've already done some cleaning, it's worth giving the printer a thorough cleaning again. Remove any toner cartridges and drum units, and use a dry, lint-free cloth to clean the inside of the printer, especially around the drum and fuser areas. Be careful not to touch the drum or transfer roller with your hands, as oils from your skin can affect print quality.
  • Check for firmware updates: Sometimes, printer HP releases firmware updates to address known issues with their printers. Check the HP website for any available firmware updates for your model, and if there are any, follow the instructions to install them. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Replace toner cartridges: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, try replacing the toner cartridges. Sometimes, old or low-quality toner cartridges can cause ghosting or other print quality problems.

Refer to this document:  HP Color Laser 150 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality

HP Color Laser 150nw User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.