Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7100
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

How to print in colour from my MacBook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tony94

It sounds like an issue with the print driver installed on your MacBook. Removing the existing print driver and adding AirPrint driver may resolve the issue, let's try these steps:

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

2.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name. Confirm AirPrint in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

4.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@tony94

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you are not able to print in color. I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you able to copy document in color?

How is the printer connected USB or wireless?

Could you also print a print quality report and let me know if it has color. In order to print the report:

1.) On the control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setupicon.

2.) Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello senan6806. Very grateful for your offer of help.Yes, I can copy in colour. My Envy Photo 7130 has a wireless connection to my MacBook Air, which uses OSX High Sierra.I printed out a Print Quality Report and it is in colour, all apparently OK. So why cannot I give a print instruction to print a photo on my hard disk, in colour? 

Tony94
HP Recommended

@tony94

You're most welcome. 🙂

Glad to know that the printer can copy in color and also the print quality report printed in color. 

I suggest you to update the Mac OS and the printer firmware also. The firmware update for the printer can be installed by following the below steps:

NOTE: The printer needs to be restarted once the firmware is updated successfully.

Also, this HP document will provide steps to print photos in the Mac OS environment: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03801819

I sincerely hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best!

If the information provided was helpful, then please mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

HP Recommended

I have updated the printer software, but no change. It will still not print a photo in colour from my MacBook.

HP Recommended

@tony94

It sounds like an issue with the print driver installed on your MacBook. Removing the existing print driver and adding AirPrint driver may resolve the issue, let's try these steps:

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

2.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name. Confirm AirPrint in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

4.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

senan6806 Thank you for your advice on the printer driver. I deleted the existing printer and added an Air Print Driver, and that solved the problem. I can now print colour photos! Fantastic.

tony94

HP Recommended

@tony94

You are welcome🙂 Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.