Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M130nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just installed the m130 and the scan works but the printer reports being off line when I try to print. I have used the hp print doctor but it still sees the printer off line.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy (Copy1) and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello ShiomiL,

Thanks for the quick response.  Still having problems with the printer being off line.  The scanner works so I know I have a connection with the printer/computer.  I signed up for HP direct print and emailed a file to the printer but it has not printed as of yet.  I changed the printer driver to see if that would work but still now working.  I move this computer from my summer cabin and back to my home.  I have a M130 at each location.  The printer at the summer home worked.  The printer here is not working.  It did work at this location but not now.  I've followed the doctor as far as I could but the screens that I was asked to access were not the same as mine and I'm not savvy enough to translate.  I'm going to install another printer that I know is working and to see if the problem it the printer or the computer.  I have an account with Avast tech support and will contact them soon.

Thanks again and I'll let you know the resolution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.