Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6458e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I cancelled my HP Ink plan, then used HP ink replacement cartridges, and when those ran out, I just replaced those with Non-HP Ink compatible cartridges. Printer does not have a "display" of words option, rather the pulsating light is going through a series of all colors, and won't print. What is my fix for this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@UserBond 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Many HP Printers are protected against using non-HP chipped cartridges by a feature named Dynamic Security.

Your printer is protected by Dynamic Security; there is no legal way to bypass the requirement for HP chipped cartridges.

Each firmware from the first update reinforces the security.

Your solution is to use HP genuine ink cartridges or perhaps HP chipped cartridges.

If you wish to try reused or refilled not-HP cartridges, ask the manufacturer whether their cartridges are HP-chipped.

Read here:

Which cartridges work with my HP printer?

Section FAQ

Read Topic > Can I use ink or toner cartridges not manufactured by HP?

====================================================

Reference

HP ENVY 6400e All-in-One Printer series Firmware Update 

Description
This software tool will help you update your printer to the latest firmware. Please refer to Fixes and enhancements for more detail about the firmware update.

Reminder: Dynamic security enabled printer. This Firmware includes dynamic security measures, which are used to block cartridges using a non-HP chip or modified or non-HP electronic circuitry. The printer is intended to work only with new or reused cartridges that have a new or reused HP chip or circuitry. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of the dynamic security measures and block cartridges that previously worked. More at: https://www.hp.com/learn/ds

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@UserBond 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Many HP Printers are protected against using non-HP chipped cartridges by a feature named Dynamic Security.

Your printer is protected by Dynamic Security; there is no legal way to bypass the requirement for HP chipped cartridges.

Each firmware from the first update reinforces the security.

Your solution is to use HP genuine ink cartridges or perhaps HP chipped cartridges.

If you wish to try reused or refilled not-HP cartridges, ask the manufacturer whether their cartridges are HP-chipped.

Read here:

Which cartridges work with my HP printer?

Section FAQ

Read Topic > Can I use ink or toner cartridges not manufactured by HP?

====================================================

Reference

HP ENVY 6400e All-in-One Printer series Firmware Update 

Description
This software tool will help you update your printer to the latest firmware. Please refer to Fixes and enhancements for more detail about the firmware update.

Reminder: Dynamic security enabled printer. This Firmware includes dynamic security measures, which are used to block cartridges using a non-HP chip or modified or non-HP electronic circuitry. The printer is intended to work only with new or reused cartridges that have a new or reused HP chip or circuitry. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of the dynamic security measures and block cartridges that previously worked. More at: https://www.hp.com/learn/ds

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.