Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
iOS

My HP LaserJetPro 200 Color MFP M276nw does not print a PDF file sent from my iPad or iPhone  The printer screen flashes “printing” but then stops, and does not print the document.   However,  the printer DOES respond when the command is sent from the same PDF file on my Windows Surface device.  And the printer also accepts other print commands sent from my iOS devices (e.g. to print from photos or email).  Is there an incompatibility between HP print driver, Acrobat PDF and iOS?  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MireilleG,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there may be compatibility issues between the HP print driver, Acrobat PDF, and iOS specifically when printing PDF files from your iPad or iPhone to your HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Update Firmware and Drivers: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues. Similarly, make sure that you have the latest drivers installed on your iOS devices.
  • Restart Devices: Sometimes, simply restarting your printer, iPad, and iPhone can resolve temporary glitches.
  • Check PDF Compatibility: Verify that the PDF file you are trying to print does not have any unusual formatting or settings that may be causing the issue. Try printing a different PDF file to see if the problem persists.
  • Use Different PDF Viewer: Try using a different PDF viewer app on your iOS devices to open and print the PDF file. There might be compatibility issues between Acrobat PDF and iOS.
  • Print as Image: Some printers have an option to print PDF files as images, which can sometimes bypass compatibility issues. Check if your printer has this option and try printing the PDF file as an image.
  • Reset Printer Settings: Resetting the printer to its default settings may help resolve any configuration issues that could be causing the problem.

Incompatibility between different software components is not uncommon, so it's possible that there may be a specific issue with how Acrobat PDF interacts with the iOS devices and the HP printer driver.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Alan, apologies for late reply.  I was not able to fix the issue, so instead, printed the PDF file from my Windows laptop.  I do have a follow up question, however:  how do I update my printer software?  I downloaded the HP Smart app onto my iPad, which successfully connected to my HP printer over WiFi. However, when I searched for software updates, the app shows “no updates.”  That seems strange, as I have never updated the printer before.  Or perhaps it updates automatically while it’s connected to WiFi?  Tips appreciated.  Thanks!  Mireille

HP Recommended

Hi @MireilleG,

Thank you for your response, 

It sounds like you're having some trouble updating the software for your HP LaserJetPro 200 color MFP M276nw printer. Let's troubleshoot this.

Firstly, automatic updates for printer software are not uncommon, especially for devices that are connected to Wi-Fi. However, it's always good to manually check for updates to ensure your printer is running the latest software version.

Here are some steps you can take:

• Check HP Website: Go to the HP support website and search for your printer model. There, you should be able to find the latest software and drivers available for download. Sometimes, updates might not be available through the HP Smart app but can still be manually downloaded from the website.
  • Printer's Control Panel: Navigate through the menu options on your printer's control panel to see if there's an option for software or firmware updates. Some printers allow you to check for updates directly from the device itself.
  • HP Smart App: Although it showed "no updates" before, try checking for updates again later. Sometimes, updates might not be immediately available, or there could be a delay in the app recognizing them. Also, ensure that your iPad and the HP Smart app are both updated to the latest versions.

Overall, ensuring your printer has the latest software updates is essential for optimal performance and compatibility with various devices and operating systems. 

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.