Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
M234sdwe

We mistakenly ordered hp m234sdwe printers for our boat. And now we are faced with a problem that it has stopped working without the Internet. However, there is no Internet on the ship, only in the port. How can we solve this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You can't, a wireless connection is a must for a M234sdwe to work.

M234sdwe is a HP+ printer and must have an internet connection to work

M234sdw is normal printer that doesn't require an internet connetion to work

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

What about conservation? HP is offering to scrap 4 printers because there is no internet on the vessel?

HP Recommended

Why did you buy 4 printers that need internet to work?

You had an option to buy M234sdw that doesn't need internet only power.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

We ordered another model, but the supplier sent another one for approval, indicating this in the notes. That's why I indicated that it was a mistake when ordering. But in general, this approach is that if the device for some reason does not have access to the Internet, it does not work and can be thrown out strange. What about caring for the environment? A person can relocate or be mobile. And with this approach, a complex device with a large amount of plastic must be disposed of. 

There must be an alternative solution for the printer to work offline, for at least 3-4 months, followed by updating via the Internet.
Otherwise, it looks like this: you buy a product, it doesn’t suit you (but it works without problems for a week) and then you are forced to throw it away.

HP Recommended

It's important to read a devices requirements before purchase, those 4 printers are fully functional but not in your enviroment.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Undoubtedly. But in fact they can work in my environment, they worked for a week. But this software blocking now renders them useless.

HP Recommended

That is correct, the device is limited to I think around 30 pages without connecting to HP+ service. After the limit has been reached printer stops and requires an internet connection and HP+ service to continue to work.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/printers/hp-plus.html 

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.