Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 7855
iOS

I am having multiple problems.  (1)  Error message 00829C98.  (2) Bluetooth Smart never resolves and I have to turn the printer off.   (3) Error message B8CE4066 and all the lights were flashing (4) Print quality (black) is poor and need new ink now.  Status says I'll get some in a month.  

Printer is mostly working ok, but I need ink now.  Cannot figure out error messages with virtual assistant.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Cannot send requested info:

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later. "

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SundaeMorning, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Is the printer enrolled in Instant Ink?

If yes, Instant Ink servers will monitor the ink levels on the printer and automatically ship the replacement ink cartridges when the ink levels is low.

For now, let us try these steps:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Make sure there are no paper jams and the print carriage moves freely.

You may re-insert the ink cartridges.

For info on resolving print quality issues, refer to - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

You may clean the ink cartridges and then print a print quality page as shown in the above document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestions, Kumar.   I am enrollled in Instant Ink and the status says I should be receiving ink in a month.  Since 12/2018 when I received the Welcome Kit, I've only received 1cartridge (11/2019) which was a tri-color.  I need black ink because the print quality is poor now.  The status indicates the black ink level is very low.  I'd really like a new ink cartridge soon because I've paid for a new cartridge many times over by now.  I do plan on doing the firmware updates as you recommended.

HP Recommended

@SundaeMorning

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Cannot send requested info:

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later. "

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.