Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, this happened since December of 2023. It was printing just fine and it was updated from time to time.

On a clear night, my printer was printing another document when after a few minutes of standby, it wouldn't respond to any of the buttons I click. Only adding salt to injury when I remotely print it via WiFi that it doesn't eat and print the paper I wanted to come out.

I plugged the thing off and waited for 2 minutes, thinking a power cycle can help, 

20240511_182940.jpg

 Only then, did the issue started.

It wouldn't respond to its buttons clicked, none of the guides help, and the only thing that I know of is that it's a motherboard issue.

Am I missing something here? I need a different solution, only gonna send this to an HP Repair Center if it can't be saved.

With open arms and regards,

E

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Embong ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've tried some troubleshooting steps already, but let's see if we can explore a few more options before resorting to sending it to an HP Repair Center.

• Check Power Source and Connections: Ensure that the power source is working properly and that the printer is securely connected to it. Also, make sure that the power cord is securely plugged into the printer.
  • Reset the Printer: Sometimes, a simple reset can fix various issues. Unplug the printer from the power source, wait for a few minutes, and then plug it back in. This can help reset the internal circuitry and potentially resolve the issue.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Connect the printer to your computer and check for any firmware updates available for your HP Deskjet 2630. Updating the firmware can sometimes fix bugs or issues that are causing the printer to malfunction. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Check for Driver Updates: Ensure that the printer drivers on your computer are up-to-date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with the printer. Software and Drivers for HP DeskJet 2630 All-in-One Printer
  • Perform a Hard Reset: If the printer still isn't responding, you can try performing a hard reset. This usually involves pressing and holding down specific buttons on the printer for a certain amount of time. Refer to the printer's manual or HP's support website for instructions on how to perform a hard reset for your specific model.

Refer to this document: HP DeskJet 2630 All-in-One Printer User manual 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.