Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello ,

My HP DeskJet 2720e All-in-One-Drucker (26K67B) stopped printing ink on paper . It accepts and executes the print order or copy order. However,  it will print no words then or mostly just a single word or letter. Yet it will print and pass all official print and alignment test, I cannot copy documents, print PDF or word documents. Any idea, someone?

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Chris5091,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a frustrating issue with your HP Deskjet 2720e printer. If the printer is accepting and executing print or copy orders but not producing any or only partial output on the paper, there could be several possible causes for this problem.

• Low Ink Levels: Even if the printer passes the alignment test, it's possible that the ink levels are too low or the ink cartridges are clogged. Try replacing the ink cartridges with new ones to see if this resolves the issue.
  • Clogged Print Heads: Over time, print heads can become clogged with dried ink, especially if the printer hasn't been used for a while. Most printers have a cleaning function that can be accessed through the printer's settings menu. Try running a print head cleaning cycle to see if this helps improve print quality.
  • Incorrect Paper Settings: Make sure that the paper settings in your print or copy job match the type and size of paper loaded in the printer. Using the wrong paper settings can result in poor print quality or paper jams.
  • Driver or Software Issues: Sometimes, printer driver or software issues can cause printing problems. Try updating the printer driver to the latest version available from the HP website. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software to see if this resolves the issue.
  • Hardware Problems: If none of the above solutions fix the problem, there may be a hardware issue with the printer itself. 

By troubleshooting these potential causes, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with your printer

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.