Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer

Printer will not work.  An errror message comes up that there is a problem with the printer or ink system. Contact HP 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Cinnamonp,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When you encounter an error message indicating a problem with the printer or ink system on your HP Officejet Pro 8610, it's essential to troubleshoot the issue step by step. Here's what you can try.

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches. Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a couple of minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on.
  • Check Ink Levels: Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed and have sufficient ink levels. Replace any empty or low ink cartridges.
  • Clean Cartridge Contacts: Turn off the printer, open the ink cartridge access door, and remove the ink cartridges. Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridges and in the printer using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with distilled water. Allow them to dry, then reinstall the cartridges securely.
  • Reset the Printer: Resetting the printer to its factory defaults may help resolve the issue. Refer to your printer's manual or HP's support website for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually update the firmware through the printer's control panel or HP's website.
  • Run Print Head Cleaning: Many printers have a print head cleaning function that can help resolve issues with print quality or ink system errors. Check your printer's manual or HP's support website for instructions on how to run the print head cleaning utility.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

How am I supposed to perform a cleaning when my printer is locked up with this error message telling me to contact HP?

HP Recommended

Do cartridges that once worked stop working when they reach their expiration date?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.