Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear HP Guys!

I'm officially confirm that I used compatible cartridges for my MFS and don't need any warranty for it. Please just return old software version for my device so I could use it. I bought this device for my private needs and according Russian law I'm free in what to use with it. 

p.s. I always purchase compatible cartriges at Komus - Your reccomended receller. 

Looking forward for the quick responce.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Donal_M

My 8610 rose as a Phoenix from the ashes)))

Check the link below (p.s. no any updates from HP)

https://www.brozkeff.net/2016/09/01/how-to-downgrade-firmware-on-hp-officejet-pro-8610-to-allow-usin...

.... the truth is always on the side of the deceived .....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you having a problem with the cartidges you are using? If so, can you post the exact error that you are seeing.

If the cartridges ar not HP originals, I would return them to the store for a replacement or refund. Please reference the HP news link here in relation to Third Party Ink and Supplies (Refill and Remanufactured).

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank's a lot for your reply. I still believe that HP will take a smart decision to change a firmware back! First of all each country has it's own antimonopolistic laws and suck kind of "joke" will finally case more problems to HP then loss in gross margin because of third party suppliers. Next one- is that such explanations as "The purpose of this update is to protect HP’s innovations and intellectual property" - is just a bad attempt to justify themselves  (it's very easy to lose customers confidence). I will never buy HP product any more and will never advice HP to anybody. Yesterday I bought EPSON one and will use it.  I worked with HP earlier as a partner in one of German companies and find such solutions unacceptable and not customer oriented especially for such great company as HP. My OfficeJet Pro 8610 - is on a garbage now - THANK YOU HP FOR YOUR SUPPORT. BYU

HP Recommended

Hi Donal_M

My 8610 rose as a Phoenix from the ashes)))

Check the link below (p.s. no any updates from HP)

https://www.brozkeff.net/2016/09/01/how-to-downgrade-firmware-on-hp-officejet-pro-8610-to-allow-usin...

.... the truth is always on the side of the deceived .....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.