Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have purchased HP smart tank printer last year, but I have not able to used since six months, due to improper printing. Please attend my problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Laxmaiah,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot your printing issue with your HP Smart Tank printer. Let's start with some basic troubleshooting steps.

• Check Ink Levels: Ensure that your printer has enough ink in all the cartridges. Low ink levels can cause printing issues.
  • Print Head Cleaning: Your printer might have a built-in function to clean the print heads. Check your printer's manual for instructions on how to do this. Running a print head cleaning cycle can often resolve printing problems caused by clogged print heads.
  • Alignment: Make sure that the print heads are aligned correctly. Your printer should have an alignment function that you can access through its settings or control panel.
  • Update Drivers: Sometimes, outdated printer drivers can cause printing issues. Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your printer. You can usually download them from the HP website.
  • Paper Quality: Ensure that you're using the correct type and size of paper for your printer. Using incompatible paper can lead to printing problems.
  • Restart Printer: Try turning off your printer, unplugging it from the power source, and leaving it for a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on again. This can sometimes resolve minor issues.
  • Test Print: Print a test page to see if the problem persists. This can help you identify whether the issue is with a specific document or if it's a general problem with your printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.