Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

The extender arm of my OfficeJet 4650 thayt extends to keep printed matter in the completed print tray, won't extend. It appears to be stuck inside of printer.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @BigJoeBronx,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer wherein the output paper tray extender is stuck within the unit.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

You need to pull the tray extender from the left-hand corner in a circular movement to the center and then open the flap to hold the paper.

You may check page no. 3 from the user guide by opening the link: User Guide

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response but I guess I didn't make my request clear enough.  

THE EXTENDER ARM IS STUCK IT WILL NOT MOVE!  I've used a butter knife, paper clip, and all manner of THIN objects to to dislodge it.  IT WON'T BUDGE! 

How do you suggest I free it so it can extend as God intended it to?

HP Recommended

Hi @BigJoeBronx,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP phone support from this link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You may select the country and type the product# of the unit and then follow the on-screen instructions to contact HP phone support.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.