Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7740

Printer stopped printing in the middle of a large document, though the screen showed the spinning circle and indicated it was still printing for hours. I have tried cancelling and resending the job, power cycling the printer and computer, and printing test pages from windows. All prints result in the same behavior, screen indicates printer is printing but nothing is printed. HP Smart App indicates the printer is reporting good status and the trouble shooter found no issues. I've tried printing a network details page from the printer itself using the menu on it's little interface and that also fails to print the same way.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @sdzienge,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already gone through several troubleshooting steps, which is great. Since you've power cycled both the printer and your computer, cancelled and resent the job, and even tried printing test pages, it seems like the issue might be a bit more complex.

Here are a few additional steps you could try:

• Check for Paper Jams: Even if you don't see a paper jam, opening up the printer and checking for any stuck paper might be worth it.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, firmware updates can fix bugs that might be causing printing issues.Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Check Ink/Toner Levels: Although less likely to cause this issue, it's worth checking to ensure that your printer has enough ink or toner to complete the print job.
  • Reset Printer: Some printers have a reset option in their settings menu. You could try resetting the printer to its default settings to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's a wireless connection, try connecting via USB or Ethernet cable to see if that makes a difference.
  • Check Printer Settings: Make sure that the printer settings on your computer are correct. Sometimes, changes in settings can cause unexpected behavior.

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.