Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have an Office Jet Pro 8100(N811a).

This printer had worked fine ( bought this printer new for aprox 10 years ago),but after an failed cartige( genuine Hp)- in wich " exploded"/ flooded ( Yellow).

I have printed aprox 15000 pages on this printer( or 3-4 sets of XL Cartiges).

Since I have used this printer as a private customer,so an set of XL Cartiges will last for >1year.

I have also replaced the printerhead 3 times.

Since there are an ink tank( in wich collects exess ink), in wich I've also noticed is flooded with old ink. There is also an glass( or plasic) piece underneath the printerhead ( on wich the printerhead is standing on), but since this one is covered with old ink( black). But also that the pads/ rubber one, is clogged with old ink stains. I've also had manualy tryed to clean,with paper as much as I could

So as I asumes that if the glass is black( reading optical), the printer cant proceed futher.

So what I wonder if it's possibel to replace this tank?

Because however the only replacment parts I can find is the printerhead itself

Because however every time I try to print anyting I just get an error message of issues with my cartiges( won't print)

Since I've recently bought an replacment printerhed ( 3 and last one), but since I coudn't complete the full installation process.

( Because however normaly the printer automaticly will callibrate my cartige,and some adjustment pages will be printed).

Since I still have an old Win 7 PC( and old Lenovo),in wich I still use for my printing. Since my Win 10 is more of a pain in the ass for me( because however to do anyting on this computer takes 3- 4 times longer,and result in min 3-4 H), and that I need a huge dose of pation( of not to be an wreck)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.