Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I've had this HP Officejet 4500 since last October and it has no problems but one thing that came up just a little while ago is I'm getting this message on the HP Solution Center saying that the printer is disconnected but everything IS connected and it works.  Is there any adjustment I could make short of re-installing the software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was about to re-install the software but I ran my registry cleaner first and that solved the problem.  Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
follow the following link
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3919...

select the operating system & click next & clicl on utility diagnostic tools & download Print diagnostic utility & run it this will fix the issue
HP Recommended

I was about to re-install the software but I ran my registry cleaner first and that solved the problem.  Thanks for your input.

HP Recommended

You'll be lucky if it does fix the problem .I'm having the same problem.I have the c309a photosmart.Everything was workin g fine untill the windows 10 big update.The tech from dell reinstalled all of the software and now the solution center show the printer is disconnected however it prints and the ink levels appear.

HP Recommended

Mine didn't seem to have a problem with Windows 10.  It might be one more thing Bill Gates overlooked.

HP Recommended

Hi @phillipsortino ,

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

Try this solution:

1. Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar.  It will show an option in the Control Panel.

2. Click on the shown option.

3. Select the "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372)" and an Uninstall option will appear next to the Organize dropdown.

4. Click on Uninstall and work through any prompts.

Let us know it that works for you.

Hope that helps.

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I have not gotten that security update yet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.