Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer

My printer is giving a "The printerhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed. Error Code 0xc19a 0003" I have tried everything, turning it off and back on, redoing the ink cartridges, looking for paper jam, making sure printerhead is in correctly, and nothing happens. Anyone??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @jcg34,

Welcome to the HP support community. I'd like to help!

If you have a problem and the printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed, check these steps:

:right_arrow:Reseat the printhead up to three times

Open the door to access the ink cartridges.

Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.

Unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer.

WARNING: 

You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer.

Lift the carriage latch, slightly lift the printhead, lower the printhead back into the carriage, wiggle the printhead left and right, and then lower the carriage latch to lock the printhead into place.

c06237869.gif

Close the ink cartridge access door.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then check the control panel for the error message.

Sometimes error messages persist after inserting the printhead. If the error message persists, repeat the steps to reseat the printhead up to three times.

:warning:You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Resolving 'Print System Problem', 'Problem with Ink System' Errors

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @jcg34

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.