Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2540

Having had problems with the printing (possibly caused by the carriage sticking).  I manually slid the carriage back and forth and it seemed to move freely but I noticed a black tab sticking up and the printer is now scrunching up the paper, catching the black plastic tab which I can see upstanding to the left of centre in the cartridge carriage slide/drive bed. Should this be upstanding? How can I get it out of the way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JS2013

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JS2013

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are unable to feed the paper, I am glad to assist you.

Could you share the picture of the tab which is sticking up for better understanding?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandytechy20,

Thank you for your interest.

Here is the image. The tab which seems to be stopping the paper feed is directly above the left side of the qr code.

Do you have any answers. Thank you.

Kind regards

JS2013

Tab blocking paper feed?Tab blocking paper feed?

HP Recommended

@JS2013

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20,

Thank you for looking in to this for me.

I have also been researching through another Avenue. I have been told that the paper guide has failed and that, while a repair could be made it would cost about double what I originally paid for the printer. Therefore I have scrapped the machine and have bought a replacement…. Sorry not to have been able to keep it going.

Thank you again for your efforts.

Kind regards,

JS2013

HP Recommended

@JS2013

You are welcome.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.