Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

When I type in the D.N.S. Numbers that print out of the wireless settings page it does not connect to the printer. It simply gives me search results. I dont know if that means im typing it in wrong or it isnt being found. When I type it into the bar I clear whats there and simply put in the numbers with period spacers. 254.254.254.ETC. It takes me to search pages so I am unable to enter the I.P. that way. Is there another way to enter it?

HP Recommended

The DNS is not the IP address.  Get the printer's IP address and type it into the ADDRESS bar of your browser (like where you would type www.yahoo.com), not the SEARCH bar.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I am typing it in the ADDRESS bar. It does not connect. It just goes to search pages. There are no D.N.S. Numbers listed on the configuration pages, so I AM typing in the I.P. numbers. Now---assuming that I am typing in the correct numbers, in the correct places, and it is still not connecting to the printer altho it does connect to the router (when I type in those I.P. numbers), what should I do?

HP Recommended

Let's back up here.  What are you trying to accomplish?

Also, if your IP address is 0.0.0.0 or 169.254.x.x, you will never find it.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
I'm looking at getting the PSC 7520 after taking a look at it and upgrading from an old PSC I've used for years. It seemed like the person who posted this had an issue using WPA2 and it worked after going to WPA. Does that mean this printer does not support WPA2? I'm hoping to keep my network with WPA2 and not downgrading to WPA. I like how this printer looks but may be a deal breaker. If anybody knows, I'd be interested!
HP Recommended

i know i can scan it to a USB but i still need to fix the issue

HP Recommended

Hello arlenyrod,

Please find your printer specifications here ,as you can see this printer supports "Web Services" but I do not see anything that shows WPA or WPA2 but I will continue to look for an answer for you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

alynrod,

What problem are you trying to solve?  Are you having trouble scanning from the printer to your computer or are you having trouble with Web Services?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
I am having trouble with the web services. Everything goes through until the very end.
HP Recommended

Let's set a static IP address and external DNS for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After all that, try Web Services on the printer again.

I am employed by HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.