Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer

When I go to print there is an error. I have turned off the computer. I have turned off the printer. I have restarted. I tried going to the app but I get an error state that the HP SMART app is not available at this time. I have restarted in the printer error que. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SaraVernon,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've tried several troubleshooting steps already, which is great. Let's see if we can narrow down the issue further. Here are some additional steps you can try.

• Check Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's a wireless printer, make sure it's connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.
  • Paper Jam: Check for any paper jams or obstructions inside the printer. Even a small piece of torn paper can cause errors.
  • Printer Queue: Clear out the print queue on your computer. Sometimes, a stuck print job can cause issues.
  • Update Drivers: Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your printer. You can usually download them from the HP website.
  • Reset Printer: Try resetting the printer to its factory defaults. This can often resolve various issues.
  • Check Ink/Toner Levels: If your printer is low on ink or toner, it may not be able to print. Check the ink or toner levels and replace them if necessary.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Sometimes, firmware updates can fix bugs and improve performance. Check if there are any updates available for your printer's firmware.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.