Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M102w Printer

Printer shows attention light and WiFi light blinks, it’s hooked to our inbody scanner. It’s never done this before. How do i fix it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mwetmiller,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When the attention light is on and the WiFi light is blinking on your HP LaserJet Pro M102w printer, it usually indicates an issue with the printer's connection to the network. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue.

• Check Network Connection: Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network. You can do this by accessing the printer's settings menu and verifying the network settings.
  • Restart Printer and Network Equipment: Sometimes, simply restarting the printer and your network equipment (such as the router or modem) can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Similarly, power cycle your router or modem.
  • Ensure Proper Placement: Ensure that the printer is placed within range of your Wi-Fi router and that there are no physical obstructions that could interfere with the wireless signal.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. Sometimes, updating the firmware can resolve known issues and improve connectivity.
  • Reset Network Settings: If you're still experiencing issues, you can try resetting the printer's network settings to factory defaults and then reconfigure the Wi-Fi connection.
  • Reconfigure Wi-Fi Connection: Use the printer's setup menu to reconfigure the Wi-Fi connection. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your network SSID and password.
  • Check for Interference: Other electronic devices or appliances in the vicinity of the printer may cause interference with the Wi-Fi signal. Try moving the printer to a different location or turning off nearby electronic devices temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and potentially fix the connectivity issue with your HP LaserJet Pro M102w printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.