Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

No matter how much I roughen up the paper I call it, my printer constantly graps 2 sometimes up to 5 pieces of paper. And if I'm doing double sided printing a problem is going to happen. It's just a matter of how big the problem will be. Either a jam I have to clear or waisted paper and ink or both. Is there something that can be done to make sure this doesn't happen? I have only had the printer about 2 years or so.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I will try to give saome advice about the problem.I don't know the model but it seem like it has a paper tray.

Maybe look inside the tray for a pad on the leading edge side of the paper.This will be undernaeth the feed roller.If their is a pad then this might have to be replace.This prevents multipage feed (seperation Pad)

Like i said i don't know this model but maybe this will help you to find the problem.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

The model is in the information in the original post. It's the Envy 7640. It does have a tray. I will try that and let you know if I find anything or it helps. Thanks

HP Recommended

I have and 8450 that is doing the same thing. There is a cork pad at the rear. How do I get a replacement? It looks like the culprit as it is lower then the level of the plastic.

HP Recommended

For mine I found the issue and so glad I did. Thanks to more google searches the problem with mine is although I pack the paper in neatly when I load it, closing the tray shifts the paper. This printer has no mechanism to keep the paper from sliding backwards and this was the problem. I have discovered that there is a whole opening at the bottom of the paper tray that's good enough to get a couple of fingers in and push the paper back tight into place. I make sure I do this after every reload of paper and the problem never repeated itself again.

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.Before removing the pad maybe try to give it a good clean with a soapy cloth and retry.It might just be dirty.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.